August is right around the corner and a lot of people (including me) are leaving for vacation in that month. So I wanted to make a list of the stuff I always bring with me when I’m going on a trip.
- My Pillowpet. Call me childish, but I love my fluffy zebra. It doesn’t only function as a nice and soft pillow on long car or plane rides, a stuffed animal is also perfect to cure homesickness.
- iPhone. My phone is, just like Miss Fancy said, my life. Everything, from my pictures to my favorite music is on my phone and it would be terrible if I lost it.
- Snacks. I am hungry 24/7 so I always make sure that I bring enough food with me. For example granola bars, they are perfect for car rides when you’re hungry but aren’t able to get some food.
- Vaseline. This is my all-time favorite body product and I use it when my lips or hands are dry, when I have a shaving cut, etc. It is a multipurpose product and you can buy it almost everywhere.
- Bottle of water. I bring this for the same reason that I bring food with me everywhere. You never know when there is going to be a situation in which clean drinking water is not available. Better to be safe than sorry.
- Books and magazines. I am a bookworm and on trips longer than a week I always bring two or three books with me. It is perfect for entertainment on rainy days or on sunny days, when you’re spending a relaxing day at the beach.
- Sunglasses. It doesn’t matter where I go, my sunglasses are permanently in my bag. Just in case you have to walk for half an hour in direct sunlight, I speak from experience.
- Sunscreen. Whether you’re going to a tropical island or a country with a sea climate, it is very important to always be protected from the sun. Or else you will have to deal with the consequences later in life.
- Cash. Needless to say, and of course the currency of the country you’re traveling to.
- Notebook and pen. I prefer writing things down on real paper rather than on my phone. So when I come up with a genius idea for a story or something to add to my bucket list, I write it down on my small travel notebook.